Chris Feldott Farm: Site 43 and Site 48
Return to Farm History and Site Map
Chris Feldott Family History
The Feldott homestead dates back to 1847-55, when German immigrant Johaan Feldott settled on 120 acres of timberland near the "Big Woods." Johaan and Theresia Hermreck Feldott raised nine children.
Their son, John, married Elizabeth Seppelfrick of Naperville in 1892. They bought the homestead in 1904 and 45 acres more in 1909, built a brick house in 1915, and raised eight children. Five of the children lived on the homestead with their families. One of their sons, Chris, married Evelyn Piltz in 1945. They had four children and continued farming the family acreage until 1969, when their land was purchased by the state of Illinois. Chris' sons, Eugene and Raymond, now own the Feldott Farm on Jericho Road in Aurora. The house from Site 43 is now at #9 Sauk Circle.
The Feldott families recall many traditional childhood memories of the rich and varied community activities of farm life. Planting, riding horses, family reunions, ice-skating and snow sledding were all enjoyed at home. Joseph's original mid-19th century home from Site 52, built in the Greek Revival style, was moved from grandson Leon's farm on Old Batavia Road to #3 Sauk Circle in 1971. The Feldott barn remains in its original setting and is home for the Fermilab bison herd.
Click on individual photographs for more information.