Community life : Site 3, Site 30 and Site 52
Return to Farm History and Site Map
From the turn of the century there were schools for the children of the farmers on what became the Fermilab site. Below is a collection of photographs taken over the years of students who attended the Big Woods School, Round Grove School and Buelter School.
Also included in the selection are pictures of related buildings.
Click on individual photographs for more information.
More information on Fermilab's farm history:
- Farmers of the Fermilab Site
- "Whose Houses are They?"
- Remembrance of Things Past, 2000-2001
- Farmer's Picnic/Potluck Photos
- Community life : Site 3 and Site 30 and Site 52
- Additional historical farm photographs
- Rod Oxe's Memories of Farm Life
- Where Have All The Farmers Gone? - two articles about farmers by Karyl Louwenaar
- Suggested Drive Around Historic Sites
Please contact the archivist for access to this special collection