Fermilab has had many different departments, divisions, sections, and other organizational units over its history. The articles here document the history of some of these organizational units.
The Fermilab History and Archives Office traces its origins back to the Fermilab History Committee, which was established in January 1977, as the lab approached its tenth anniversary. The lab’s first archivist, Lillian Hoddeson, began collecting Fermilab historical records and artifacts in January 1978.
- Select Museum Site — September 1969
- Finding Fermilab's Roots — April 14, 1977
- Employee Request: Help Preserve Fermilab History — May 25, 1978
Fermilab has had a library since at least June 1968, when Roger Thompson became the lab's head librarian. It was originally located in the Fermilab Village before moving to the third floor of Wilson Hall.
- Fermilab's Library Looking for New Customers — July 31, 1975
- Paula Garrett Takes the Helm of the Fermilab Library — February 27, 1987